[ExI] On the Street and On Facebook: The Homeless Stay Wired

Anna Taylor femmechakra at yahoo.ca
Sun May 31 15:05:02 UTC 2009

--- On Sun, 5/31/09, Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> Grigg wrote:

> >  the need for being informed, connected with
> other human beings and feeling recognized as worthy of
> respect (even if only on the net) is right up there with
> needing food, clothing & bedding and some sort of
> shelter for the night.

Well in my experience, when I was younger and we didn't have electricity (seems hard to believe in this day and age) because my mother was working three jobs to support 3 girls, the Internet/or computer didn't compare to needing food, clothing, bedding and/or shelter.  I understand maybe for some it has become a need but I still consider it a luxury.  I didn't mean to offend you John.

> > Anna, you have a lot to learn about people.
>
> Well said.

Considering I don't know either of you personally and the only persona you may have of me is one off the Internet, I won't take that comment to heart as I am person that it always striving to learn from others.

Anna:)