[ExI] Is unemployment the future?

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Wed Nov 4 13:58:16 UTC 2009

Eugen Leitl ha scritto:

>> those be fulfilling work, advancing the state of humanity? Or will the
>> new new economy consist of even more disengaged people well aware of
>> the pointlessness of their endeavours but powerless to escape them? Is
>> that actually the way we want to deal with the fact that the universe
>> no longer requires most of us to toil for existence?

> I believe you already mentioned soylent green as an option.

I hope we keep it as last.

> What I'm missing is that it's pretty obvious what needs to be done.

What do need to be done?
What is obvious for you could not be obvious for me or someone else.
But, mainly, what is obvious often can not be told.

> But nobody is doing it, and not even talking about doing it.

Is not what to do, is how to do.
In Italy they talk about reducing the tax burden, but no one dare to
speak "reduction of the expenditure". Someone speak about
reduction/elimination of the primary deficit, but no one explain how
obtain it (apart vacuous hand waving).

> Politically, it looks like a bad case of rigor mortis. Not much
> seem to be happening at the grassroots either.

Well, the leftist parties in Europe are reaping what they have sowed in
the last years and decades. They are in disarray.
The bigger problem is that too many statists exist in the center right
and they are in important positions.
Now, with the EC Stealth Constitution in place, we risk to be entangled
in a ever enlarging bureaucracy accountable to no one.

> We're overdue for another revolutionary movement, but there's a
> curious silence in the room. I don't get it.

The problem is "What revolutionary movement?".
There are a few competing groups that would be more than happy to seize
the moment.

Mirco