[ExI] Ants for spike! Dawkins and Wilson

Henrique Moraes Machado cetico.iconoclasta at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 11:56:03 UTC 2009

from: Mike Dougherty November 16, 2009 1:04 AM [ExI] Ants for spike! Dawkins
and Wilson

>>I wondered if others on this list experience the same sense of disconnect
>>from "fellow" humans while immersed in this type of gathering.  Then I
>>started on a feedback process imagining that maybe others in the room have
>>a similar sense of disconnect and that they each manifest it differently -
>>perhaps I am simply unaware of their internal state and am mis-perceiving
>>the situation.  Then I started to imagine that it doesn't really matter
>>what they're doing, because this is time for me to be myself and think
>>whatever I want - so I imagined why this deity stuff matters to so many
>>people in so many cultures...

You can allways use an ipod or something like it when you go to church and
listen to music. Although this probably will make your wife angry.
Not only deity stuff. I also feel this lack of connection when I'm around
people rooting for sports (soccer in particular, which is the national sport
down here).