[ExI] The big wta riot

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 17:00:05 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 10:36 AM, Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> On 11/24/2009 9:00 AM, Rafal Smigrodzki wrote:
>
>>  James [Hughes] is a self-proclaimed communist
>
> Where did he proclaim that, Rafal? It strikes me as extraordinarily
> unlikely. You have some direct quotes from him to that effect, I assume?

### Back in the day when I was on WTA, he did very unequivocally call
himself a Marxist, then corrected it to "Neo-Marxist". He wrote "I am
a Marxist" in an exchange with me, and not offline, either. Also, he
suggested that UN troops should be sent by the world government to
Thailand to prevent Thai prostitutes from selling cheap sex to
American men. No, this is not an exageration or misrepresentation, I
remember that exchange very well.

The Thai story is particularly bizarre, since James is also a public
supporter of polyamory (commonly known as "swinging"), although I do
not know if he actually participates in the lifestyle.

Rafal

PS. And I don't want to find out, either.