[ExI] Don't obsess over "climategate"

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Nov 28 04:54:39 UTC 2009

>Looking from the outside, I am struck by a subtle recent shift in the
assumption of the onus of proof... spike

It is almost as if climate change is assumed, and the evidence at this point
is just an exercise left for the interested student.

Here is an odd twist.  If we think that climate change is a bad thing, then
any evidence that the CRU cooked the books to exaggerate climate change is
evidence that perhaps there isn't climate change, or that it is less than we
thought.  This should be the cause of great rejoicing, from everyone who
believes that climate change is a bad thing.  This should be a great day for
climate change, right?

With that in mind, consider this:

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/11/21/85846/208

and feel free to offer comments or suggestions.