[ExI] Don't obsess over "climategate"

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Sat Nov 28 18:28:38 UTC 2009

Rafal wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 11:54 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
>
>> Here is an odd twist.  If we think that climate change is a bad thing, then
>> any evidence that the CRU cooked the books to exaggerate climate change is
>> evidence that perhaps there isn't climate change, or that it is less than we
>> thought.  This should be the cause of great rejoicing, from everyone who
>> believes that climate change is a bad thing.  This should be a great day for
>> climate change, right?
>
> ### The most outrageous tidbit that emerged so far, related to what
> you write above, is Phil Jones' statement that "If anything, I would
> like to see the climate change happen, so the science could be proved
> right, regardless of the consequences. This isn’t being political, it
> is being selfish."
>
> Can you imagine that? This piece of shit says he would like hundreds
> of millions of people to die from catastrophic climate change, just so
> he could gloat and say "See, Steve McIntyre and other fuckers, I told
> you so!"
>
> What an immoral, vicious excuse for a human being!

Well, at least on the *topic* of this heated controversy, the
writer *appears* to lose all his humanity.

How can anyone, ANYONE, be so goddamn certain about all this??

Indeed, is our urge to be right, or to satisfy our various
political agendas, so overpowering that we come closer to
imitating this Mr. Jones than our own Mr. Jones? Spike comes
so much closer to simply hoping for the best---indeed this
should be incredibly embarrassing for THAT Mr. Jones.

The "economic catastrophe" threads seem much more alarming
to me than anything about climate. (A) no one really knows
for sure about climate change (B) no one even knows for
sure whether it would be good or bad, and (C) it's not
going to happen for many years.

Meanwhile we rush towards what I've heard well described
as an economic suicide pact in Copenhagen, as if there
still exist trillions here and trillions here that can be
summoned at will for more fake jobs, more infrastructure,
more health care, more unemployment benefits, more
restrictions on carbon emissions, more everything: more
and more and more and more---just so long as it takes yet
trillions and trillions of Euros and dollars that don't exist.

Bush to China: U.S. too big to fail.

What happens when they don't believe that anymore?

Is everything really going to completely tumble down
as early as 2012? Some days I think so.

Lee