[ExI] climategate again

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Nov 30 23:52:58 UTC 2009

________________________________

	...On Behalf Of John Clark
	Subject: Re: [ExI] climategate again

	On Nov 30, 2009, at 12:02 PM, spike wrote:

		>>I am not a climate change skeptic, but I can see this
episode sets
		everything back to square 1...

	>Incredible, a century's worth of raw climate data destroyed! I
think this ranks with Piltdown man,   Hwang Woo-suk's stem cell hoax and the
cold fusion fiasco as among the greatest scientific scandals of the last
century.

	 John K Clark

Ja, but I noticed something interesting.  The media debate seems to be all
about recognizing the leaked info, but reinforcing that global warming is
still real.  OK I buy that, I agree that the planet is warming.  But the
critical part is this: we don't know by how much.

Since we now cannot trust the work of the CRU, we cannot quantify the
change, so there is no possible way to know what would be the appropriate
actions to take.  We have no way of doing a legitimate cost/benefit analysis
if we don't know what the benefits would be.

I conclude with a prediction that exactly nada will come out of the upcoming
Copenhagen meetings, not one thing.