[ExI] [wta-talk] [mta] I am a Singularitian who does not believe inthe Singularity

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Thu Oct 1 15:47:16 UTC 2009

Stefano Vaj wrote:
"I do think instead that I have a "moral" obligation, on the basis of on my
value system, to advocate an effort towards as much "superlativity" as
possible, the degree thereof, or my anticipations and expectations
thereabout, being immaterial to such stance."

Attempting to foster an acme of a very large paradigmatic swerve brings the
Singularity to the "now". I can see where this fostering is a valuable link
behavioral and psychological approach, and which addresses my deepest
concerns about an overt and symbolic erection. Rather, the ebb and flow of
accelerating advances, across the converging fields, are the perturbations
which beckon an emotional response.

Sefano wrote:
"And I do not believe that any meaningful distinction really exists, in our
extended phenotype, between our technology and ourselves, let alone in any
diacronical sense."

Plasticity is the ability to change our phenotype. Emphasizing this
behavioral characteristic might be meaningful approach.

Nlogo1.tif Natasha Vita-More