[ExI] Singularity Summit

Anders Sandberg asa at nada.kth.se
Fri Oct 9 21:41:40 UTC 2009

Just back from the Singularity Summit, short report at
http://www.aleph.se/andart/archives/2009/10/a_singular_event.html

Lots of familiar faces of course, but it is even more fun to meet the
newcomers.

The things I viewed as take-home-messages: Brain emulation might be more
urgent than I thought, I have become slightly more convinced that AGI
could appear soonish (even if I still do not assign much probability to a
local and sudden hard takeoff), collaborative "citizen science" might be
the future for many research areas, and I need to write twitter-overview
software to keep up with the tweets of this kind of audience.

--
Anders Sandberg,
Future of Humanity Institute