[ExI] "Augmented Reality" in Mobile Devices

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 05:08:06 UTC 2009

In the little R&D company I work for, everyone recently got iPhones
(except me, I relinquished mobile phones some time back, they're the
work of the devil). People have already been using some of the
augmented reality apps, and we're planning to develop in that space
ourselves. We work on stuff in the physical computing space, devices
that get installed outdoors, and finding installed devices for service
purposes is always tricky. The augmented reality approach is excellent
to help solve that; makes it really easy to find stuff.

Walking around holding an iPhone in front of you is pretty much wrong,
however. That space is still on the move.