[ExI] stretching the pandora concept

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 01:29:02 UTC 2009

> So, could not this concept be expanded?  Is there something analogous to
> Pandora in the literature world?

Amazon

> How about in art?

Not sure

But see also Netflix for movies, and I'm guessing iTunes also does
this for music (I don't use it).

The netflix prize: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netflix_Prize

On the general concept, this is the realm of Crowdsourcing. Lots of
fun links here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Crowdsourcing

I've found it interesting that the various transhuman lists haven't
been hotter on the various crowdsourcing developments. To my mind,
it's a really interesting alternative style of bottom-up organisation
to the traditional market. There is the possibility here of a way of
fulfilling the extropian principles, for instance, without market
capitalism being front and center.

> In pornography?

err, I think this is more about quantity...

--
Emlyn

http://emlyntech.wordpress.com - coding related
http://point7.wordpress.com - ranting