[ExI] How to avoid becoming a victim of street crime

Post Futurist p0stfuturist at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 2 14:30:02 UTC 2009

Right, someone who is being pursued or monitired wont be helped by being paranoid. But

 But true paranoia does *not* help you, even
if you live in a situation where you are actually at risk. I've had
criminals bring in one of their own explaining, "He's paranoid, you
have to help him" - while admitting that there probably are people who
would try to kill him and the police probably do monitor him.
Similarly with religious delusions: sometimes as far as I can tell the
beliefs of the patient are no more bizarre than other religious
beliefs, but their community recognises that there is something wrong
with them.

A delusion is defined in psychiatry as a fixed, false belief which is
not in keeping with the person's culture or community.

--
Stathis Papaioannou