[ExI] The telepathic communication era

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at canonizer.com
Sat Sep 12 02:07:56 UTC 2009

On 9/11/09, Giulio Prisco wrote:
> <snip>
>
>>  Everyone’s mind will be permanently linked to the wireless Internet,
>>  and through the Internet to everyone else’s mind. This will trigger
>>  very radical changes. In particular telepathic groups—able to
>>  instantly share and elaborate thoughts—will produce an enormous
>>  acceleration in the development and deployment of new ideas, and cause
>>  the emergence of “group minds”. And once neural communication is
>>  sufficiently deep, accurate and fast, it will be possible to transfer
>>  the informational content of a person’s brain, with memories, thoughts
>>  and feelings, to a higher performance storage and processing device.
>>  This “mind uploading” technology may eventually provide practical
>>  immortality.

Hi Giulio,

Great post, but your missing the most important possible part of this
kind of mind communication or interconnection - the ability to eff the
ineffable as described in the theory of consciousness camp with the most
scientific consensus here:

http://canonizer.com/topic.asp/88/6

In other words, you'll be able to tell, via such mind connected effing,
how many of your friends represent 700nm light with a different kind of
phenomenal red than your brain does, and how many people represent it
with the same phenomenal red as you. (as in:  "Oh THAT is what red is
like for you!").

And eventually this will lead to merging of our phenomenal worlds, in
ways that our phenomenal knowledge of ourselves (has no referent in
reality, unlike most of the rest of our phenomenal knowledge) will be
able to travel into other's phenomenal worlds of awareness, and so on.
Again, all as predicted by the theories described in the above camp.
And as ever more experts (see: http://canonizer.com/topic.asp/53/11)
contribute to this open survey about the best theories of consciousness,
this camp continues to extend its lead in the amount of scientific
consensus it has compared to all other theories of consciousness.

This consensus theory also predicts what 'phenomenal uploading' will be
like which will of course not only free ourselves from the mortal, veil
of perception prison walls that are our skulls, but allow us to discover
much more than just the behavior of the universe, and yes, of course,
also become immortal.

Brent Allsop