[ExI] Those magnificent environmentalists

Post Futurist p0stfuturist at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 20 01:50:01 UTC 2009

Xians make a good point, too: they are more worried about their kids and grandkids mores than melting glaciers and endangered blackfooted ferrets looked after by overpaid (and pollution-causing) govt sinecurists.
Corruption in the lower recesses of govt is not unknown.

Progress, you gotta love it.

Ok Spike, I found something to ramble about, I read that a company, BrightSource Energy, has just canceled a 500 megawatt solar generator project in the California desert because of intense pressure from those all so wise and moral environmentalists. They go on and on about the evils of global warming caused by greenhouse gasses and this project created none of them, but they opposed it. Solar farms need sunny land, the California desert is sunny and has the thinest most simple ecosystem of anyplace in the USA (except perhaps northern Alaska) but still those very noble environmentalists opposed it.

You can't drill for oil because you just can't, you can't build a dam because it might cause a snail nobody ever heard of to become extinct, you can't put up windmills because they're ugly and noisy and might kill little birdies, you can't use geothermal because it might cause earthquakes, you can't install solar collectors because the land is sacred to the Uga Buga Indians or some other horse-shit reason, and you can't build nuclear reactors because you just can't, and to even hint you want to proves you're a Fascist.. Our future course of action is clear, 6 billion people must freeze to death in the dark, it's the only moral thing to do.

 John K Clark