[ExI] Human brains better tooled up than monkeys

jameschoate at austin.rr.com jameschoate at austin.rr.com
Wed Sep 23 12:36:34 UTC 2009

Artists use tools all the time, I'd expect them to light up.

I'd be more interested in how it effects theoretical physicist, astronomers, and other brainy types who can't seem to get a good grasp on the concrete....always loosing something or other, never on time, having problems with seatbelts, etc. Those who choose fields where the most complex tool interface they deal with is pen/paper (keyboard/display).

---- Emlyn <emlynoregan at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/9/17 Dave Sill <sparge at gmail.com>:
> > http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn17796-human-brains-better-tooled-up-than-monkeys.html
> >
> > Human brains light up when they see tools being used – but the sight
> > fails to impress the brains of macaque monkey, our fellow primates, in
> > the same way.
>
> Have they tried this on Arts graduates as a separate subgroup?
>
> --
> Emlyn
>
> http://emlyntech.wordpress.com - coding related
> http://point7.wordpress.com - ranting