[ExI] Don't be a locavore fundamentalist

Fri Sep 25 11:42:12 UTC 2009

"Max More" <max at maxmore.com> wrote,
> Being a 'locavore' is supposed to be healthier for you and better for the
> planet, right? Maybe not.
> http://www.newsweek.com/id/216034

Yes, being green is great.  But one has to be able to evaluate the total
pros and total cons of any attempt to improve.  Humans are notoriously bad
at estimating their effects on things.  This applies to good effects as well
as bad effects.  In many cases, the complete answer is non-intuitive from
what our simple Monkey 2.0 brains expect.

(This is because our brains are 99% monkey brains with 1% beta code.)

--
Harvey Newstrom <www.HarveyNewstrom.com>