[ExI] Don't be a locavore fundamentalist

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 07:43:40 UTC 2009

On 9/27/09, Mike Dougherty wrote:
> Care to throw the government subsidy, Corn Refiners of America and
>  sugar tariffs into the HFCS equation?
>
>  I wrote a paper for school which summarizes, and cites sources:
>  http://docs.google.com/View?id=d7v2qpt_36chw585fd

Coincidentally, I see that you have just missed the Boston Fluff
Festival last weekend.

<http://www.timesoftheinternet.com/114292.html>
Boston celebrates Marshmallow Fluff  Sept. 27 (UPI) --

Bostonians say there's nothing like their beloved Marshmallow Fluff, a
sugary local confection celebrated during the weekend at the city's
Union Square.
Fans of the treat -- made of corn and sugar syrups, vanilla flavor and
egg white – gathered Saturday in Boston to honor the local favorite at
the annual "What the Fluff?" festival, The Boston Globe reported.

A few years back, when junk food was being banned from Boston school
meals, an attempt was made to ban Fluff as well, on the feeble grounds
that it was 50% sugar. The attempt failed.

BillK