[ExI] mersenne primes again

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Thu Apr 1 05:44:29 UTC 2010

On 3/31/2010 11:42 PM, spike wrote:

> If any phenomenon has no theoretical explanation, it
> is either missing in the experiemental data or it was a bad experiment.  We
> couldn't find real psi if it slapped us in the face.
>
> Damien, you may use that, with my blessing.  Note I am not saying I think
> psi is real, only that we couldn't find it if it is.

The first paragraph above is so preposterous I can't believe that I'm
really  seeing it on my monitor. Almost *no* phenomena studied by
scientists during the last 400 years had a theoretical explanation until
fairly recently, and even now it tends to boil down to something like
"symmetry demands it," and if that doesn't work "broken symmetry demands
it." Wow, *symmetry*, eh? That certainly saves us from all those bad
experiments and a slap in the face.

Damien Broderick