[ExI] Yuri's night

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Apr 11 17:19:29 UTC 2010

>... On Behalf Of Max More
> Subject: [ExI] Yuri's night
>
> It's the 49th anniversary of the first person in space (and
> the 29th anniversary of the first shuttle flight), and
> parties are happening all over the world:
>
> http://yurisnight.net/partylist/
>
> Max

A lot of us remember exactly where we were and what we were doing when the
shuttle made it's first flight.  In my case, I was far more worried about
and emotionally involved in the first re-entry, which was far more risky and
scary than the first shuttle launch.  So I have two indelible 29 year old
memories regarding those events.

Am I the only one here?  Did that rock your world back then?