[ExI] vatican to pay for stem cell research

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Apr 23 16:40:27 UTC 2010

In all the debate of stem cell research we had here a few years ago, this is
one we never thought of that I recall.  If we shift the focus away from
embryonic stem cells to adult stem cell research, we get the vatican to pay
for it:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_VATICAN_STEM_CELLS?SITE=1010WINS
<http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_VATICAN_STEM_CELLS?SITE=1010WINS&
SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT> &SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

This is so cool on so many levels.  The most important of which of course is
that I don't pay for it.  Another aspect is that it gives the vatican a
chance to make atonement for all the child molestation over all those years.
Another reason this is better than having governments pay is that the
vatican has plenty of money, whereas governments everywhere are under
crushing and ever increasing debt.  I have never heard of the vatican
running a deficit.