[ExI] Mining the Sky SL Talk I gave today

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Apr 26 05:17:24 UTC 2010

> ...On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes
>
> Just a thought, and it might be a long shot to get in as a
> speaker without serious professional credentials (then again,
> they might not have any speakers on this topic with said
> credentials, so you might have a chance):
> http://www.aiaa.org/content.cfm?pageid=230&lumeetingid=2387

Ja.  I worked in the space biz for over two decades and in all that time
never met a single person who could legitimately claim expertise above a
dedicated amateur on the topic of asteroid  mining technology.  The
professional rocket scientist could have a lot of specifics on the orbit
mechanics and the propulsion tech, but this is stuff one needs to master
anyways in this game, and it isn't hard.