[ExI] Stephen Baxter's Titan

Kevin Freels reasonerkevin at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 30 23:28:45 UTC 2010

________________________________
From: Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com>
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Sent: Fri, April 30, 2010 2:11:38 PM
Subject: Re: [ExI] Stephen Baxter's Titan

On 4/30/2010 9:35 AM, Kevin Freels wrote:

> I should know better than to
> make such a mistake here.
> But it does cause me to consider how fantastic it is to live in a world
> where we can send energy across the globe through dozens of networks
> maintained by thousands of individuals for no other purpose than to
> correct one character of my spelling. :-P

Well, as someone once commented in a similar context:

"I don't get why people of at least average intelligence cannot grasp 3rd or 4th grade grammar. And they're often _so defensive_ (as well they should be, I guess - but why not learn a few simple rules, instead?)."

Damien Broderick

Wow. I didn't see all those apostrophes on my Treo, but it sure is ugly on my notebook screen!  I know I didn't put them all there myself. I certainly wouldn't intentionally type "meet's". Just seeing it gives me flashbacks of a guy I used to work with that always said mines when he meant mine. The auto-fill could explain the "it's" but not the rest. Sadly, I have no explanation or excuse.