[ExI] Islamic culture (current) was Religions and violence

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 11:58:09 UTC 2010

On 29 July 2010 18:23, Keith Henson <hkeithhenson at gmail.com> wrote:
>The question is not so much about Muslims being
> held back but why western culture (Jews included) shot ahead.

I am not aware of any Sephardic Jews's shot ahead.

As to European culture shot ahead starting with the Renaissance, I
suspect that the "extremism" of christianism, in comparison with Islam
and Hebraism, generated with time a stronger reaction from the
cultural background than, say, Islam did in India, leading to a
quicker and more radical emancipation of philosophy and science from
monotheistic darkness.

--
Stefano Vaj