[ExI] The mosque at Ground Zero

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 09:37:57 UTC 2010

On 4 August 2010 16:28, Olga Bourlin <olga.bourlin at gmail.com> wrote:
> "Mayor Michael Bloomberg got it just right in a speech  on Governors
> Island, within view of the Statue of Liberty. He called the proposed
> mosque 'as important a test of separation of church and state as any
> we may see in our lifetime, and it is critically important that we get
> it right.'”

This is a funny US way of seeing thing, which denounces itself some
obsession with "religion", whatever the term may mean.

What if 9/11 had been organised by the KGB and the plan were to open a
section of the American Communist Party in the neighboroughood? What
if it had been a WTA thing and it were a H+ conference center? While I
am inclined to err on the side of freedom of speech, why should a
"religion" be dealt with in any different fashion than, say,
philosophies or secular lifestyles?

One can easily understand why scientology decided at a point in time
to call and consider itself a "church"...

--
Stefano Vaj