[ExI] will raise bugs for food

darren shawn greer dgreer_68 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 5 22:08:33 UTC 2010

> I think believe that refined insect protein would be acceptable as a
> food additive without too much resistance from a good many of
> consumers.

I think it would too, especially if manufacturers used phrases like "extracted from" and "by-product of." Some are already being used in cosmetics and as food additives.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cochineal

Quote from the article:

" . . . most consumers are unaware that the phrases "cochineal extract", "carmine", "crimson lake", "natural red 4", "C.I. 75470", "E120", or even "natural colouring" refer to a dye that is derived from an insect."

Darren