[ExI] will raise bugs for food

darren shawn greer dgreer_68 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 6 00:36:15 UTC 2010

> somehow figure out how to program them to go out and eat kudzu and
> morning glory, then when grown, return home lay eggs and climb into a
> vat of some sort, which is mixed with caustic solvents and heated to
> render a huge protein rich soup, from which low cost fat and oils are
> extracted

And shortly after such technology is developed and put into practice, some animal rights organization starts loudly lamenting the cruel treatment of insects by cold-hearted scientists and profit-minded corporations. It would be tough to make fuzzy, heart-warming posters and TV commercials of insects being genetically herded into acid vats, however.

Unless it was butterflies.

Darren

"Dumb people do dumb things. Smart people do really dumb things."

-- Anonymous