[ExI] will raise bugs for food

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 07:57:40 UTC 2010

2010/8/6 Gregory Jones

> The critical part of raising bugs for food actually isn't their size.
> Regardless of what we use, we need to process them and extract the useful parts.
> I never had in mind frying and devouring the bugs in any way similar to the way we
> eat shrimp.

Ask Damiem to tell you all about wichetty grubs.

<http://www.foodmall.org/entry/witchetty-grub-i-like-eating-wormsthoughi-am-not-a-kiwi/>

The aborigines used to eat it live and raw, imagine you to be
pick-eaters, picking up the little pieces of larvae and popping them
in snack-time...I am not changing the concept of finger foods. Well,
upscale restaurants roast the grubs like satays, these barbecue food
is served as an appetizer and is highly nutritious. The center of the
grub is quite juicy, it has a sweet, juicy flavor, quite like chicken,
and to some it tastes like eggs. Not to confuse you much this weird
food tastes weird, which is a crazy cross between chicken and prawn.
Supermarkets in Australia are selling tinned witchetty soups.

BillK