[ExI] anorexic geniuses, was Re: Religions and violence.

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Fri Aug 6 15:21:15 UTC 2010

On Aug 5, 2010, at 2:16 PM, Dave Sill wrote:

> He [Goedel] also said: "I like Islam: it is a consistent idea of religion and
> open-minded."

And Isaac Newton spent more time on alchemy than he did on Science, and more time on finding the exact dimensions of the Temple of Solomon from biblical quotations than he did on Science and alchemy combined, showing that even a great genius can do and say silly things. And I'll bet if Godel was asked to defend his view he would, just like everybody else, bring up examples that were 900 years old.

 John K Clark