[ExI] The mosque at Ground Zero

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 18:53:44 UTC 2010

On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 7:23 PM, Mike Dougherty  wrote:
<snip>
> So yeah John, I agree with you.  I like to play the role of whatever
> the atheist equivalent of devil's advocate may be but at the end of
> the discussion, a threat is still a threat no matter how much you
> appreciate the motivation of the invader.  And yes, that's xenophobic
> Us v. Them language.  That also doesn't change simply because we have
> taken time to reflect on it.

The trouble with that US-distorted world view is that these third
world countries are not really threatening the US much at all at
present.

Think for a minute. Realistically, how can a bunch of bandits living
in caves in the Middle East really 'threaten' a huge nuclear powered
nation like the US on the other side of the world?
Yea. I know, once they crashed planes into buildings. The US (as a
nation state) never even blinked. More people die in car accidents.
Since then the fear publicity machine has caused the US nation to
damage itself far more than a few terrorists ever could. Foreign wars,
the TSA, etc. is causing the US to panic spend and waste resources
into economic destruction. That's how those few bandits will destroy
the US.

The name-calling 'threats' from the Third World are really just a
demand for the US to get the hell out of their countries and leave
them alone. Unfortunately the US needs their oil and other resources,
so the US has to use propaganda to justify their foreign wars.

(And the US military industrial complex is now virtually unstoppable.
If the US wasn't fighting wars they wouldn't need all these armies and
all that expensive equipment, would they? And we can't have that can
we?).

BillK