[ExI] Religions and violence.

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 9 16:11:05 UTC 2010

After criticizing the founding fathers for their anti religious statements and showing how foolish they were to hold such views, Jebadiah Moore uses the phrase "not relevant" no less than 10 times, count them if you don't believe me. So among many other nuggets of wisdom we learn than James Madison's observation that "Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind" is irrelevant. And Thomas Jefferson's prediction that  "The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as his father, in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter"  is also irrelevant even though it is true. So according to Mr. Moore BOTH the morality AND the truth of a religious teaching is irrelevant in assessing its value. Mr. Moore, with all due respect, what the fuck IS relevant in determining the virtue or lack thereof of a religion such as Islam if neither morality nor truth is in anyway involved?

  John K Clark