[ExI] Religions and vending machines.

darren shawn greer dgreer_68 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 12 01:30:51 UTC 2010

Amid all this topic discussion about good vs evil in world religions, I came across this while playing a game of Wiki Challenge with a friend of mine tonight. If nothing else, I can now say that religion contributed to our technology by making M&M's accessible after the local 7/11 closes.

"The first recorded reference to a vending machine is found in the work of Hero of Alexandria, a first-century engineer and mathematician. His machine accepted a coin and then dispensed a fixed amount of holy water.[1][2]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vending_machines

Darren

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

-Herbert Spencer