[ExI] Religions and violence.

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Thu Aug 12 16:03:02 UTC 2010

On Aug 12, 2010, at 11:15 AM, Max More wrote:

> As I understand it, Jesus brought a new dispensation, rendering the moral imperatives in the barbaric Old Testament obsolete.

But let's not be unfair to the Old Testament, however barbaric the character called God was in that disjointed novel, at least once you were dead God was finished playing with you and it was over; but in the New Testament the fun was just getting started. It was Jesus, the Prince of Peace, who we can thank for dreaming up the idea of a loving God fiendishly and ingeniously torturing you for all eternity with absolutely no hope of it ever stoping.

  John K Clark