[ExI] Religions and violence

Giulio Prisco giulio at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 16:25:25 UTC 2010

I have not paid too much attention to this thread so far, but here are
a few comments:

All religions have been used to justify violence and oppression. All
political ideologies have been used to justify violence and
oppression. All philosophies have been used to justify violence and
oppression. All ethnic identities have been used to justify violence
and oppression. There may be quantitative differences, but I don't see
any fundamental differences.
Books, songs and flags are not violent or oppressive. Some people are
violent and oppressive, and for them religious and political beliefs
are just means to justify their thirst for violence and oppression.

@Mirco "Christians, like Buddhists and others tend to become killers
against the tenets of their faiths, where the Muslims tend to become
killer when they start to take their faith too seriously." Come on
MIrco. I assume you have been raised a Christian, and I think you
should study the history of your own religion more carefully. Should I
provide a bibliography of atrocities committed by Christians in the
name of Christ?

G,