[ExI] The mosque at Ground Zero.

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 17:57:23 UTC 2010

2010/8/14 John Clark <jonkc at bellsouth.net>:
> On Aug 13, 2010, at 2:54 PM, Stefano Vaj wrote:
>
> I would not generalise in terms of "objective" good and bad.
>
> I see, there is nothing you would generalize as good or bad. Would you say
> that such a policy was objectively good?

Indeed I think we should make an effort to think "Beyond Good and
Evil" and overcome the relevant christian (or muslim) legacy in this
area.

This of course does not mean than a policy cannot be considered as
good or bad, either in terms of suitability to its declared goals, or
on the basis of some shared values.

For instance, I think most transhumanists may agree that bioluddite
prohibitionism is bad without any need to resort to some kind of
cosmic manicheism or cultural imperialism.

--
Stefano Vaj