[ExI] Religions and silliness

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sat Aug 14 17:59:23 UTC 2010

Putting all this in perspective:

<http://www.theonion.com/articles/cult-divided-on-whether-to-let-women-become-telepa,17842/>

Cult Divided On Whether To Let Women Become Telepathic-Vision Clerics

quote:
<A recent poll found that while most of the Seventh Light faithful
support the ordination of female telepathic-vision clerics, many remain
vehement in their opposition: 31 percent said they would not allow a
woman to brand their newborn with the Marking, 23 percent said women are
incapable of translating the soul-transmissions of extraterrestrial
beings who await the disciples' return, and one in 10 threatened to
leave the cult entirely should some woman start telling them what to do.

"It is our spiritual duty to preserve these sacred traditions," said
irate survey respondent Joseph Omicron, 48. "If we let women become
telepathic-vision clerics, then what's next? Allowing them to grow hair?">

Damien Broderick