[ExI] Religions and silliness

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 03:37:07 UTC 2010

>From the Onion.com site:
<A recent poll found that while most of the Seventh Light faithful
support the ordination of female telepathic-vision clerics, many
remain vehement in their opposition: 31 percent said they would not
allow a woman to brand their newborn with the Marking, 23 percent said
women are incapable of translating the soul-transmissions of
extraterrestrial beings who await the disciples' return, and one in 10
threatened to leave the cult entirely should some woman start telling
them what to do.

"It is our spiritual duty to preserve these sacred traditions," said
irate survey respondent Joseph Omicron, 48. "If we let women become
telepathic-vision clerics, then what's next? Allowing them to grow
hair?">

Frankly, I find bald women very sexy (especially if they are beautiful
to begin with, as with the Indian actress of Star Trek: The Motion
Picture).

But seriously, I think when humanity encounters aliens, it will help
us to take a step back and notice how silly we are, ironically by
viewing how goofy the other race may act at times.

John