[ExI] Fwd: [Body Hacking] Reverse-Engineering of Human Brain Likely by 2030, Expert Predicts

samantha sjatkins at mac.com
Thu Aug 19 03:25:54 UTC 2010

darren shawn greer wrote:
>> Yeah, Kurzweil's way off mark. See here:
>> http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2010/08/ray_kurzweil_does_not_understa.php
>>

> Awesome article. My favorite is when he calls him a pseudo-scientific dingbat. Not that I'm qualified to judge, but I like the mix of confidence and alliteration.

I respect Ray a lot. But I could definitely do without sitting through
his list of credentials yet again or seeing yet another set of his
exponential curves on the screen.  There was some new material in the
talk at SS 2010 but it seemed fairly ad lib.  The majority of the talk
was a rehash of his Citizen Scientist presentation.

- s