[ExI] Fwd: [Body Hacking] Reverse-Engineering of Human Brain Likely by 2030, Expert Predicts

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 15:13:14 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 10:29 PM, Ryan Rawson <ryanobjc at gmail.com> wrote:

> But you find people who still seem to think this is very normal and
> things will just "slowly" get better.  Look at the smartphone space,
> in 3 years we have gone from 'texting' to 'i want apps and a rich
> web/multimedia experience in my pocket now damnit'.  June 2007 - July
> 2010, the introduction of the iPhone (i stood in that line) to the
> iPhone 4 and the plethora of Android devices.
>
> What will happen in the next 3 years?

To be accurate, SMS was first commercially released in the early 90s - about
the same
time as the Web became available for public use.  While adoption was much
slower than
the Web and than smartphones, I'd call that transition more like 10-15 years
to reach the
same level of public use.

That's still a lot faster than most people appear to think change is
happening, though.