[ExI] Natural law

Dan dan_ust at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 20 18:37:58 UTC 2010

I definitely see a difference and most natural law types would too. Let me try
to explicate this. It's one thing to say X has a nature and quite another to
explain how particular aspects of X's nature came about. One could say a lot
about X without ever figuring out how X came to be. (Were this not so, then one
must believe nothing can be known about anything because one would always start
with no knowledge -- since, presumably, one does not start with any starting
knowledge of the nature of originating processes. In fact, it seems knowledge
works exactly the other way: we start with what is here and now and discover the
past, including causal processes like evolution, through looking at things as
they are now, no?)

Regards,

Dan