[ExI] The Perils of Precaution -- critique of the precautionary principle now appearing on my blog

Max More max at maxmore.com
Sun Aug 22 06:02:26 UTC 2010

As some of you know, I've been working on a book, The Proactionary
Principle. This is on hold for a little while, while I work with
Natasha Vita-More to get The Transhumanist Reader out to publishers.
In the meantime, a number of people have urged me to release some of
the ideas in the book. So, I've decided to publish via my blog,
chapters 2 and 4 of the book.

I will post a new section of chapter 2 "The Perils of Precaution",
every day or two. Following that will be sections from chapter 4, The
Proactionary Principle (my alternative to the precautionary principle).

The first in a series of entries of chapter 2 is now available:

http://strategicphilosophy.blogspot.com/2010/08/perils-of-precaution.html

Max

Max More, Ph.D.
Strategic Philosopher