[ExI] Religions and violence

Fred C. Moulton moulton at moulton.com
Mon Aug 23 07:50:57 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-08-22 at 12:57 -0700, Ben Zaiboc wrote:

> Leaving aside the question of whether 'peace-loving Muslims' is an
> oxymoron or not, who actually thinks it's peace-loving Muslims that
> want to build this centre?  After all, nobody can deny that it's
> extremely provocative (to say the least),

Actually I can deny that it is extremely provocative based on everything
that we know now.

I will say this very clearly.  There has been no evidence presented that
shows that the people who want to build the center were involved with
attack of Sept 11; therefore building the center is NOT PROVOCATIVE.

Let me repeat: NO EVIDENCE; NOT PROVOCATIVE.  Some people may claim that
it is provocative but in this situation that is a reflection on them and
their problems not with the building in question.

What has been presented in this list by some list members is wild
speculation, guilt by association, misrepresentation and a shocking lack
of intellectual honesty.

This is supposed to the Extropian list for enlightened conversation and
analysis; unfortunately there are those who seem to be lowering the
standard of discourse.

So either provide the evidence or run the risk of being labeled a bigot.

Fred