[ExI] ‘Survival of fittest’ is disputed

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 25 13:23:06 UTC 2010

----- Original Message ----

Yes although there are some key differences that make genetic algorithms more
like the selective breeding of domesticated organisms than the evolution of
organisms in the wild. For example in nature, the solution space is several
orders of magnitude higher in dimensionality. Also the local maxima are moving
targets and there is a feedback of the solutions on the problem constraints. As
well as the tendency of the natural algorithms to eat one another. :-)

 Stuart LaForge
"Old men read the lesson in the setting sun.
Beat the cymbal and sing in this life, or wail away the hours fearing death.
Their choice is their fortune." - I Ching