[ExI] Free will and quantum phenomena self-confirm

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Sat Aug 28 14:42:04 UTC 2010

On Aug 28, 2010, at 1:35 AM, Jeff Davis wrote:

> Quantum Entanglement Can be a Measure of Free Will
> http://www.technologyreview.com/blog/arxiv/25665/?nlid=3434
>> if there is any information shared by the experimenters and the particles they are to measure, then entanglement can be explained by some kind of hidden process that is deterministic. In practical terms, this means that there can be no shared information between the random number generators that determine the parameters of the experiments to be made, and the particles to be measured.

In other words everything happens because of cause and effect or it doesn't.

>> But the same also holds true for the experimenters themselves.

The experimenters are something so it's not very surprising that the above is true.

>> It means there can be no information shared between them and the particles to be measured either. In other words, they must have completely free will.

In other words everything happens because of cause and effect or it doesn't.

>> Free will never looked so fascinating.

I don't think "fascinating" adequately sums up what it is, much better would be "free will is an idea so bad it's not even wrong".

  John K Clark