[ExI] The mosque at Ground Zero.

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 13:17:49 UTC 2010

2010/8/15 John Clark <jonkc at bellsouth.net>:
> On Aug 14, 2010, at 2:12 PM, Jebadiah Moore wrote:
>
> There is a form of relativism that doesn't posit that relativism itself is
> objectively good,
>
> Then forget about good or bad, is relativism objectively true?

No, it is more than enough that is is "relatively" true, i.e., for me. :-)

However, "no absolute on-the-merits truth exists" is of course a
meta-linguistic statement, which may well be absolutely true or false
without any especially unresolvable paradox...

> I prefer to associate with people who's subjective morality is
> closer to mine than the acid thrower.

Yes, this is normal, and btw it is a statement of fact, not a value
judgment. The same is probably valid for many acid throwers.

--
Stefano Vaj