[ExI] CQT Researcher Uncovers Quantitative Link Between Quantum Non-Locality and Uncertainty.

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sun Dec 5 06:19:59 UTC 2010

On 12/4/2010 1:48 PM, BillK wrote:

> Oh all right, I'll try an explanation.
> The photon is a probabilty wave function until it is measured (or hits
> the detector plate). The measurement might hit anywhere in the wave
> function. That's what he means.

Yeah, it drives me nuts when woowoos** babble about "measurement" as if
it's necessarily a human mental activity, rather than just an
interaction. However, even so, I don't know the answer to a point raised
by your guys:

<Presumably the photon is bumping into, and interacting with, all kinds
of things on the way to the cardboard, but they apparently don't count
as "measurements." >

Air molecules, say, So, for example, does the double slit gag work
better, more clearly, if it's done in vacuo rather than through the air
of the lab? What happens if you run your photons or electrons through
water before they hit the slits?

Damien Broderick
**no, I'm not one, and I'll have to hurt anyone who says otherwise...