[ExI] Wikileaks

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 16:05:40 UTC 2010

A number of years ago I posted that the battle between Scientology and
the net was a warm up for the days when a major government got in a
fight with the net.

Later I decided governments were not likely to get in a fight with the
net because they learned that such battles are hopeless.

The fight with Wikileaks indicates that governments didn't learn a
thing from the battle with the cult.

Once something is out there being copied, be it secret cult documents
or State Dept cables, the *worse* thing an organization can do is to
make a huge fuss about it.

Sigh.

Keith