[ExI] CQT Researcher Uncovers Quantitative Link Between Quantum Non-Locality and Uncertainty.

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Dec 5 18:35:49 UTC 2010

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of John Clark

>. if the photon went through slit A or slit B; unless a measurement is made
it is meaningless to ask which slit it went through, at least that's what
you'd say if you believed in the Copenhagen interpretation.If you believed
in the Many Worlds interpretation you'd say that when the photon approached
the slits the universe split, but when they hit the film the 2 universes
would recombine because there was no longer any difference between the 2
universes. John K Clark

Hi John, I have pondered these and other explanations, but I find them all
less than satisfactory, with the feel of absurdity.  It is no more
outlandish to say that quantum mechanics observations are an artifact of the
limits of computation presented by the MBrain in which we are being
simulated.  Particle-wave duality, Heisenberg's uncertainty principle, the
universal speed of light, quantum mechanics, could all be explained as
limits of computation, only recently being glimpsed by us, of the emergent
AI (us) within a universal simulation.  I recognize that this explanation
sounds like a religion-ish copout or artful dodge, but really it feels no
more absurd than the Copenhagen, the Many Worlds, Feynman diagrams, and all
the other crazy-ass notions, none of which have the ring of truth I so
persistently seek and find in physical theory.

I don't like it, but I must reluctantly grant the reality-as-an-MBrain-sim
crowd nearly equal legitimacy with the real physicists.

{8-[