[ExI] CQT Researcher Uncovers Quantitative Link Between Quantum Non-Locality and Uncertainty.

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Dec 6 19:07:04 UTC 2010

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of John Clark
Subject: Re: [ExI] CQT Researcher Uncovers Quantitative Link Between Quantum
Non-Locality and Uncertainty.

On Dec 5, 2010, at 1:35 PM, spike wrote:

 It is no more outlandish to say that quantum mechanics observations are an
artifact of the limits of computation presented by the MBrain in which we
are being simulated.

And the singularity at the center of a black hole might be a syntax error,
or where god tried to divide by zero.John K Clark

Ah yes, but of course dividing by zero is not necessarily a syntax error, if
god multiplies the result by zero.  The result might be infinite, or it
might be zero, or any finite between those two.  That is how we know god is
a bastard, for inventing such a system.

Furthermore, how can god be sure the singularity is at the *center* of the
black hole?  If the black hole is being orbited by a massive body outside
the event horizon, then the event horizon does not form a sphere, but rather
an ellipsoid, with the singularity not at the center but rather at one of
the foci.  If god went inside that event horizon to find out, even he
couldn't get back out.

John thanks for putting up an objection however.  I don't like the idea of
QM as an artifact of computation limits any more than you do.