[ExI] CQT Researcher Uncovers Quantitative Link Between Quantum Non-Locality and Uncertainty.

scerir scerir at alice.it
Tue Dec 7 11:27:03 UTC 2010

Rafal:
> One thing I don't understand about many worlds which so cleanly
> explains the double slit experiment is why it triggers an emotional
> rejection reaction in so many people.

There are many different MWI ("many worlds", "many minds", etc.), So, to grasp
the true meaning of it, we must fix which sub-interpretation we are talking about.

"It is better to think of parts of the universe as splitting. As Everett once said
(roughly), if a mouse observes the universe, the mouse, not the universe, is changed.
I would say, if a human mind observes the universe, the mind, not the universe,
is split."
- Frank J. Tipler (2002)

"Many worlds" appears to be a realistic interpretation, in the sense
that there are "many" real "worlds", created - somehow - during a
"measurement" (whatever "measurement" means). But "world" is
a classical term, not a quantish term, so we must use a special
sound judgment here.

And also there are difficulties with conservation principles ....
(It seems that conservation principles should be re-formulated.)

"Now, there isn't really a story to tell about what the total energy in individual
universes is during that whole process. Because the universes are not autonomous during
it. But one thing's for sure, there is no way of construing it so that the energy in each
particular universe is conserved, for the simple reason that the whole system starts out
the same on each run of the experiment (before the non-sharp state is created), and ends
up different".
- David Deutsch

"In more general cases, where there are superpositions of states of different energy,
energy can increase in one universe at the cost of decreasing in another."
- David Deutsch