[ExI] Alcock on Bem in Skeptical Inquirer.

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Wed Dec 8 19:31:58 UTC 2010

On 12/7/2010 12:44 PM, John Clark wrote:

> I recall that well over a decade ago you urged me to read some other
> long forgotten psi experiment that was hot at the time, I don't recall
> my exact response but it was along the lines of that it would be a
> complete waste of time and I'd rather watch paint dry. Time has proven
> my judgment correct as that experiment has entered the black hole of
> oblivion,

John, I don't recall what this was, and my computers have suffered
terrible atrocities since then. Since I understand that you still have a
complete file of old ExI posts, could you retrieve that and let me know
which psi experiment you're talking about? I'm guessing it would be a
physiological presentiment experiment of the same general kind that Bem
works with now, and if so it certainly hasn't vanished into oblivion,
it's part of the growing body of empirical evidence for this effect. If
it is, Bem's paper is just the kind of replication of the effect that
you denied would ever be published in a serious peer reviewed scientific
journal.

Damien Broderick